1. What kind of information do we collect?
The type of information that we collect from you will depend on how you engage with us. We will collect the following:
- your name;
- your contact information, including postal and residential addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email addresses;
- credit card details;
- payment and transaction details and history;
- data relating to your activity on our websites via tracking technologies such as cookies.
- job applications (including referee details) and staff employment information.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you or where our suppliers provide us with your information. The main ways we collect personal information about you are when:
- you provide your information by telephone, post, email or facsimile, or in person;
- you contact us via email or submit your information through our website;
- you purchase products from us, or require us to provide services to you;
- you subscribe to our mailing lists or connect with us via social media; and/or
- you enter a competition that we run.
- you complete an online entry form on our Site;
- you register to become a member;
- you participate in web-based member forums.
- you enquire about or apply for employment with us.
We will only collect your personal information from third parties if you give the third party your consent to provide the information to us or it would be reasonably expected.If someone other than you provides us with personal information about you that we did not ask for, or you provide us with unsolicited personal information, we will only hold, use or disclose this information if we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it. In this circumstance, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you of the collection of that information. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de-identify or destroy that personal information.
3. If you are under 18 years of age
If you are under 18 years of age you must ask your parent or legal guardian to approve your provision of personal information before you submit your personal details to us.
4. Use of personal information
- to assist you conveniently and easily accessing the services that we offer and provide;
- to be able to improve the services this website offers you;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to periodically send communications about films, offers, events, competitions, promotions, products, surveys and/or other information which we consider that you may find interesting;
- to contact you for market research purposes; and
- to customise our Site according to your interests.
- to assess your eligibility for employment or contract work.
5. Disclosure of personal information
In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to assist us in providing our services, or where disclosure is required by us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. Third parties may include:
- Independent Cinemas Australia and My Cinema;
- digital marketing and other service providers. Social media platforms
- technology support service providers where applicable to the service provided to you;
- data storage providers such as Mail Chimp
- DHL and other freight or shipping service providers for the purposes of sending any hardware;
- government and law enforcement agencies and regulators;
- entities established to help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud where authorised by law; and
- referees (whose details you have provided to us) to help establish your eligibility for employment.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the Site in order to tailor it to user’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, after which the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
7. Direct marketing
We use personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services. We may also use it for other purposes for which you might reasonably expect us to use that information. You authorise us to use any email address or other contact information you provide to us at any time for such above purposes.You can opt out of receiving electronic communication at any time. You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving information about future events or marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the services we provide.
8. Storage and security
The security of your personal information is paramount to us and we use all reasonable endeavours to keep your information in a secure environment and to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Our security measures include utilising a private network protected by Dell Secureworks, with Sophos Antivirus as the application level protection. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information please contact us using the details below. We keep records of the personal information we gather from you and it is stored on servers in a secured data centre which the data is backed up daily. We will not act in a manner that results in us collecting, using, or storing information that is in breach of our obligations at law. If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under Australian law or a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will securely delete it as required.
Accuracy of your information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, please contact us using the below details and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
9. Variation and consent to variation
10. Disclosure to overseas recipients
We do not currently disclose information to overseas recipients.
11. Access to your information and making a complaint
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you. If you do so we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, give access to the information in the manner you request. This will be subject to any exemptions provided under the Privacy Act. You may request this information by writing to our Privacy Officer. Where it is practical to do so, when contacting us, you have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym. However, this will not apply if we are required or authorised under Australian law (or a court or tribunal order) to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves. If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act by us, you may do so by providing your complaint in writing to the contact details listed below. You may also make a complaint verbally. We will seek to respond to any complaint within a reasonable period of time. We may seek further information from you in order to provide a comprehensive and complete response. You may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). You may contact the Australian Information Commissioner via telephone on 1300 363 992, by submitting a complaint or inquiry online at www.oaic.gov.au or by writing to the OAIC at GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
12. Contact us
If you have any questions, or if you wish to contact us for any of the reasons described above, including to correct or access the information we hold about you or to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer:
The Privacy Officer
Address: 251 Glen Osmond Road, Frewville, SA, 5063