Quake Sound is a Wallis and Krix initiative, breaking the barriers of cinema sound with the latest speaker and digital audio processing technology, delivering power, clarity and realism to any cinema performance.
A 7.1 system at heart, Quake cinemas utilise the world-leading Trinnov Ovation processor to phase-correct, time-align and equalise the sound across an impressive nineteen speakers and ten subwoofers, for an absolutely epic cinema experience. It is clarity and responsive sound you have never experienced before at the movies.
Quake Sound is the latest cinema upgrade for Wallis Cinemas at Mitcham, Mt Barker & Noarlunga. We’ve combined the latest Trinnov Audio digital processing technology together with nineteen speakers and ten subwoofers to deliver crystal clear sound with deep, captivating bass!
What makes the Quake System unique is:
- There are 4 sub-woofer speakers behind the screen and 6 sub-woofer speakers distributed around the auditorium for enhanced surround sound.
- Each speaker in the auditorium, including the front screen speaker, can channel low, mid and high and is driven by its own separate amplifier.
- The Trinnov sound processor precisely controls the timing of all sound frequencies to arrive at the listener’s ear at the same time resulting in a much crisper, clearer sound.
- A/D signal-to-noise ratio: 119 dBA, THD+N: -103 dB
- D/A signal-to-noise ratio: 118 dBA, THD+N: -98 dB
- Independent power supplies for audio and processing sections
- Advanced jitter-rejection technologies
- 64-bit floating point processing AUTOMATIC EQ Trinnov simplifies and improves the whole room equalization process. The screen channel loudspeakers are Krix KX-5986, 4 way triamped.